Sunday, December 15, 2013

Florida in December

Just got back from a visit to winter melon trials in Naples, Florida. While the rest of the country was getting ice and snow storms, Florida was having a heat wave. Not bad timing. Work went well and I finished everything in about a week.

Melon field at sunrise

I had my last evening in Naples off, no work obligations, so I went down to the beach to watch the sunset.







The great thing about work taking me to Florida is I get to visit my mom and step-dad. We had a great time visiting Crystal River and swimming with the manatees. As it was warmer than normal, we didn't actually get to see many manatees but it was still fun.



Mom

We walked by this cottonmouth


Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of Jerry. Sorry Jerry, next time! Although I had a great time in Florida, it is always good to be home.