Sunday, May 26, 2013

Backpacking Gear

Here is a picture of all the gear I carry with me on all 3 season trips that are one week or less. Not included are what I wear while hiking, food, camera gear and a bear canister (only use when required by law).


From left to right:
Cheap trash compacter bag
1 Liter smartwater bottle
2 Liter Platypus
Compass
Steripen
Bug spray
Hand sanitizer
Sunscreen
Food hanging kit (OP sack, 50' dyneema line, rock sack (blue), silynylon food bag(yellow))
Tarp stakes (6 in small white bag)
Clothing (in green bag)
First aid kit
Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, lip balm, soap, Aquamira drops, swiss army knife, bic lighter)
Toilet Paper
Tarp and Bivy (in white sack)
Brunton ADC Pro (watch, barometer, altimeter, thermometer, ect all in one device)
Titanium spoon
0.5 Liter bottle with Ethyl Alcohol
Alcohol stove with windscreen (inside modified smart water bottle)
Sleeping bag (in red bag)
Petzl headlamp
Titanium pot inside pot cozy
Gossamer Gear Gorilla backpack
Black Diamond hiking pole (single)
Thermarest XS sleeping pad (orange thing under all the stuff)
Gossamer Gear torsolight 1/8" sleeping pad (grey thing under all the stuff)

I could trim down a little but I have been pretty happy with this set-up so far.
I will probably add a headnet to this but I have been fortunate enough to avoid really bad mosquitoes.